ARCHER rivets on Factory Painted Boxcars

Andy Carlson

With the availability of ACR rivets from Archer, we can more easily model ACR boxcars. My question: has anyone applied the Archer rivets directly to a Painted and lettered model (such as a FP Branchline UP 40' boxcar)? What was their experience, and is this a viable way to achieve an ACR FP boxcar? I imagine that the rivets would require some paint touch-up.
Thanks dear folks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

________________________________
Bruce Smith posted:

Folks,

I just got the following from Archer! Adding these to the inventory
is fantastic - thanks Tony!!

NEW SURFACE DETAILS FOR MODEL RAILROADERS

Alternative Center Rivets (N-SCALE)
Alternate center rivets for freight cars with thinner sheet sides.
See the February, 2009 Railroad Model Craftsman magazine for more
details.
Researched by Tony Thompson
AR16017 - $14.95 each

Offset Rivets (N-SCALE)
For use on tank cars with double row rivets.
Researched by Tony Thompson
AR16017 - $14.95 each

Alternative Center Rivets (HO-SCALE)
Alternate center rivets for freight cars with thinner sheet sides.
See the February, 2009 Railroad Model Craftsman magazine for more
details.
Researched by Tony Thompson
AR16017 - $14.95 each

Offset Rivets (HO-SCALE)