Re: Eastern Car Works PRR F38 Flat Car - Experiences?

Bruce Smith

On Wed, July 15, 2009 6:48 pm, Kurt Laughlin wrote:
Has anyone built one of these? Any experiences they'd like to pass on?
Yeah, sell the ECW kit and buy the Rail Classics brass model (if you can
find it) <VBG>.

Seriously, the ECW F38 is pretty rare and I have heard of only a few
people building it. I have never seen an assembled one. I have heard
that typical of ECW kits, the details are relatively coarse and the fit is
poor. You'll certainly be lucky if the parts don't resemble a roller
coaster! If you do build it, consider writing it up for TKM!

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL