Re: ERIE PS-1's (was Erie class 20-B)

Brian J Carlson <brian@...>

The Erie liked to renumber their cars when modified for specific shippers
and service. I started tracking Erie steel boxcars from the 30's thru the
50's but stopped after I discovered all these little groups of boxcars
outside of the original number series. Often they would appear and change
numbers over time. It was next to impossible to track an original series
from building to 1959 my cut-off. Maybe the ELHS has documentation of the
why's and wherefor's for the various assignments but I have never found
anything.
Brian Carlson

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:50:38 -0400, Tim O'Connor wrote

The 1965 ORER shows 84300-84329, 84440-84475, 84480-84485
with the doorway bars and crossbars. I wonder what it was
for?