Re: Hoppers, ca. 1950

Roger Hinman <rhinman@...>

I just uploaded a detail photo I took of a Lackawanna car at Steamtown
last year; not sure if that's what you're looking for or not

Roger Hinman

On Jul 23, 2009, at 3:05 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Dennis

Do you know of any really good published (or web) photos that
show Wine door locks and the door beams w/ prybar loop casting?
Part of the difficulty of modeling hoppers is a lack of good
detail photos...

Tim O'Connor

Westerfield's Wine locks are drop bottom gon locks, not hopper
locks, The look similar (better than nothing) but are not the same.
And, one still has to scratch build the door beams with the
characteristic casting for the prybar loop, used to lever the door
into locked position.
Dennis