Re: New HO scale USRA hopper?

StephenK

This is on MTH website. Go to:

http://www.mthhotrains.com/catalog/2009HOV2Catalog.pdf

and go to page 24.

Steve Kay

--- In STMFC@..., "Eric Hansmann" <eric@...> wrote:

I just noted this on the July 23 release bulletin at the Model Railroader website:

United States Railroad Administration 55-ton steel twin hopper. Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago
and St. Louis ("Big Four," New York Central herald); Chesapeake & Ohio; Clinchfield; New York
Central; and Pennsylvania. Also offered in non-prototypical paint schemes: Baltimore & Ohio;
Central RR of Pennsylvania; Chicago & North Western; Denver & Rio Grande Western; Erie RR;
Lehigh & New England; Milwaukee Road; Norfolk & Western; Pittsburgh & West Virginia; Union
Pacific; and Western Maryland. Metal wheelsets and magnetic knuckle couplers. Individual cars,
$29.95; six-pack, $169.95 (two differently numbered packs available). Ready-to-run. M.T.H.
Electric Trains

The MR link is:
http://www.trains.com/mrr/default.aspx?c=a&id=3352

Nothing noted on the M.T.H. Electric Trains website.

I see an interesting special line in this text, which must be from the press release, "Also
offered in non-prototypical paint schemes:". Odd that they include the B&O on that list, unless
the B&O paint and lettering used on the M.T.H. models does not follow what the B&O used on
their USRA hoppers.

Eric

Eric Hansmann
Chagrin Falls, Ohio