Re: ICC 104A300 question

Jeff Coleman

just to add that the 105's were built in 100, 300, 400, 500 and 600 psi with no bottom outlets, top loading and unloading only.
Jeff Coleman

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Gatwood, Elden J SAD " <elden.j.gatwood@...> wrote:

Tim;

I wondered about that, too, but the 104's seemed to be an expedient design,
rather than permanent, and has a different commodity list from what was
allowable in a 103 (riveted or welded 2% dome with safety valves or vents).

I have never seen any evidence of a high-pressure 104, and that, in fact,
goes against what the car was designed for. Therefore, you won't see 104's
with high-pressure psi figures after the basic designation; therefore, no ICC
104A300's.

The ICC 105's are a wholly different case; ICC 105A300 meaning a pressurized
tank capable of containment to 300 psi internal pressure. The 105's were
also insulated, but that is about as far is it goes. The 105 had the valve
casing on top; no "dome".

Elden Gatwood