Re: Freight cars owned are not employed in Interstate Commerce

Dennis Storzek

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "railsnw1" <railsnw@...> wrote:

I think that meens direct connection on BC Electric Lines only. I have seen photos of these cars and most had "BCE" and the number only, no other data that would be required.

Richard Wilkens
I believe this is a Canadianism, not otherwise done in the US, and maybe only done in the port of Vancouver. If Rod Kirkham is on this list he could probabally tell us for sure, but as I recall BCE needed to use the CP to access the docks, and had an agreement where CP would handle their junk only between the docks and the BCE connection; it was up to the CP to be sure the cars didn't escape onto the general rail network.

Dennis