Re: New HO scale USRA hopper?

Tim O'Connor

Dennis

It's pretty ironic too when you consider that MTH collected
millions and millions from Lionel (and brought down the mighty
Samhongsa) for stealing MTH's intellectual property...

Well maybe someday we'll have a repeat of ERTL and there will
be bins of MTH models at train shows for $3 apiece. (ERTL of
course famously copied your box car, Tichy's flat car, and an
RPI resin MEC gondola kit.)

Tim O'Connor

I'm thrilled. This is the second time this has happened... First Ertl used one of my resin boxcars, displaying it as a "pre-production" model of their new kit (which turned out to be a different car, considerably more grossly detail) and now MTH thinks enough of the Accurail USRA hopper to feature pages of them. I wonder why they didn't feature the side with the Enterprise locks? Maybe they have no need for those tiny extra parts?

As it is, I don't understand why someone would want to pay $30 per car when for a few bucks more they could buy a three pack of Accurail kits, unless it's the keep those Chinese rice bowls filled.

Now that I look at the other freightcars in the catalog, I wonder whose kits they are? An Intermountain 60' TTX machinery flat, and a Red Caboose reefer, maybe?

Wonder what the REAL MTH offerings will look like?

Dennis Storzek
Accurail, Inc.