Was scrap gon ID? Re: DT&I 41'6" IL drop end gondola in 1947

Donald B. Valentine

Could the numbers be on a Southern Rwy. gon? A similar style at
least for a slightly later time frame.

Don Valentine

--- In STMFC@..., "Paul Krueger" <kruegerp@...> wrote:

What RR owned the #43450 gon on the left side of the photo? Those large numbers seem distinctive, but I don't recognize it.

http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/0e5a8295b172288a_large

Thanks,
Paul
Seattle, WA

--- In STMFC@..., Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@> wrote:

being loaded with some kind of frames -- three across (?)
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/c4eefc778407941d_large

Found it by searching the Google source:life
image library for "manufacturing".

And here's some gondolas of scrap on parallel trestle tracks
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/0e5a8295b172288a_large

Ever see a turpentine factory?
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/da9ad567f21e414c_large

And partially completed automobiles being loaded -- anyone
recognize the make of car (model year 1947)?
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/dc13f7d0bde4d9a8_large

Ford's River Rouge complex in 1936
http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/92559171ee60d809_large