Re: Box car doors

Charles Hladik

Thanks Larry.
Chuck Hladik

In a message dated 8/5/2009 8:58:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
lndkline@verizon.net writes:

I agree that an RPCyc article would be great. Another source for a few
Youngstown and Superior boxcar doors (and ends, roofs and trucks) is
Burlington Bulletin No. 7 which covers CB&Q steel boxcars and is still available:
_http://www.burlingthttp://www.bhttp://www.buhtt_
(http://www.burlingtonroute.com/costore/biof.htm)

Larry Kline
Pittsburgh, PA

--- In _STMFC@yahoogroups.STM_ (mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com) , Anthony
Thompson <thompson@..t> wrote:

Richard Hendrickson wrote:
The best place to find photos of doors for a particular era is in
the various issues of the Car Builders' Cyclopedias. We need a
comprehensive Pat Wider article in Railway Prototype Cyclopedia on
this subject. (hint, hint.)
Hear, hear! We do have a Frank Peacock article, way back in the
past in the UP Society magazine, but something more comprehensive
would be a great asset.

Tony Thompson