FYI: Star Brand paint is not Accupaint

Tim O'Connor

Although P-B-L's Star Brand paint is very similar in most
respects, I've just discovered why it isn't the same -- I
have two bottles that I found turned into a thick gel! I had
never opened those two particular bottles. This is impossible
with Accupaint. If you leave an AP bottle open to the air it
will dry up, leaving only the pigment -- adding back thinner
and a couple drops of retarder will bring it back like new.
The Star gel is hopelessly gooey -- like what can happen with
Scalecoat.

We all know Star Brand needs to be thinned 50% before using
(and says so in the instructions) but there must be something
else in it that makes it different than AP.