Re: New Lackawanna box car models available

Donald B. Valentine

--- In STMFC@..., "Schuyler Larrabee" <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote: in part:

The Erie Lackawanna Historical Society has worked closely with Intermountain to produce a unique
model, exclusive with the ELHS. It is a combination of sides, ends and roof which has not been
previously produced, and exactly matches the prototype.

These are steam era freight cars, built in January and February 1950.
As nice as it will be for many to have these cars available I suspect the 1950 built date will be a bit of a stretch for most of
us who are seriously "steam era". With the exception of the Central Vermont most of the larger steam power on other New England roads was gone by that point. While the effort is commended I hope earlier prototypes will be forthcoming too.

Don Valentine