From: Bill Welch [mailto:bwelch@uucf.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 7:02 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [STMFC] What is holding up UTLX tank car kits

Regarding these kits and what is holding up their release from
Sunshine Models, the catch is that Martin L. is having difficulty
finding someone to do the photoetched parts in the kit. The
patterns are done for the underframe. The underframe is designed
to have its length easily changed to accomodate different length
tanks. Designed essentially to use the InterMountain 8K & 10K
tanks, one will be able to easily shorten the underframe to fit a
Life Like 8K or 10K tank to it, for example. I know I
specifically acquired extra undecorated LL kits with this in mind.

I will use the extra LL underfrmaes that result with the smaller
tanks Tichy is planning to do as extra parts to be fitted with
alteration to his underframe.

Bill 'Welch <bwelch@uucf.org>
Associate Minister, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fairfax
P.O. Box 130 Oakton VA 22124 www.uucf.org
Telephone 703 281-4230 Fax 703 281-5399