B&O Intermountain HO 70 ton Flats

bdg1210 <Bruce_Griffin@...>

Marty,

Jim Mischke was involved with this kit making sure the B&O stuff was accurate, so I think it will be pretty good for B&O. It is my understanding that B&O style bulkheads will be applied to a future kit. I added B&O to the subject in hopes of getting Jim to weigh in. He can fill in the details, but if we don't hear from him I will pull out an old B&O Modeler with info about the ProtoWest kit.

I am building the Protowest kit with auto/truck frames for a 1953(?) subclass that transported frames between Philly on the Reading and Baltimore. Not too useful for many modelers, but fun to build the appliances applied to the car to hold the frames.

Regards,
Bruce D. Griffin
Summerfield, NC

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Marty McGuirk <mjmcguirk@...> wrote:

Re-lettered or renumbered  . . . or both?

While we're on the subject of the IRC flats two questions -

1. Am I the only one who thinks the New Haven lettering looks a little "heavy"?

2. How accurate are the B&O cars? I thought the B&O 70-ton flats were built after the war (1948 sticks in my head) - I'm just curious if they were the same design as the cars built during the war years.

Thanks in advance.

Marty