Re: Prototype info from model mfgs

bierglaeser <bierglaeser@...>

Rich,
How do you answer the question if you don't have the car in stock? The nearest decent hobby shop doesn't carry very much Branchline stock so am I to be restricted to choosing only among the items he stocks?

Bruce,
100 miles?!?! That's local. Try 275 miles to the dealer mentioned in the above paragraph.

Bruce, I agree with you. If Al can do it, they all can. There's no point in keeping that information secret. I suppose for many, perhaps most, modelers the information is important. Maybe they don't even know what it means but for a few of us, it matters.

Gene Green

--- In STMFC@..., Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

On Aug 24, 2009, at 12:14 AM, SUVCWORR@... wrote:

Gene,

I answer these questions from customers all the time.? So you
should be able to ask your dealer before buying.

Rich Orr
Dealer? What dealer? I live more than 100 miles from the nearest
hobby shop that knows anything about or carries Branchline. Yes, my
local USA Hobbies will order them for me (at full price plus the 8%
local sales tax) but he doesn't give refunds based on paint schemes
or reweigh dates not being appropriate for my era. As I have noted
before, if Al Westerfield can provide an accurate timeline for each
car in an on-line web format, I'm baffled as to why others find it
apparently so difficult.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith