From: SUVCWORR@... <SUVCWORR@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Prototype info from model mfgs
To: STMFC@...
Date: Monday, August 24, 2009, 11:28 AM

If I don't have the car, I

can't answer the question easily.? That does not mean I cannot get the

information or don't have it from previously stocking the car.

As to why the information is not readily available from most

manufacturers, in my opinion it is the fear of lost sales and that those who blindly

buy cars etc will become educated to the correct P/L and car details

for the era they model..? As Bruce stated his LHS will order but won't

take back a car that is out of era for him.? The sale is the sale and

final.? I prefer to not alienate a customer by such action which may be

why I am a very small dealer and have found that providing such

information more often than not results in a sale that I otherwise

would not have made.? If the dates matter, the sale is not going to be

made if there is doubt about the era of the car.? Even with that

mistakes do occur regarding exactly when a paint scheme changed etc.

This seems to be wandering away from the purpose of this list so I will stop here rather than risk jail.

Rich