Re: Cutting styrene sheet into narrow strips...

Dennis Storzek

--- In STMFC@..., VINCE PUGLIESE <gigitreosei@...> wrote:

Folks...

I stand corrected. I spoke with Evergreen and they do not use water jet technology. However the approach they do use is proprietary.

.vp
I actually had some samples of Evergreen sheet cut on a waterjet, and all I can say is, it ain't pretty. Waterjets are used to cut hard materials. Styrene isn't that hard, and just kind of shreds.

Anyone who is familiar with horizontal milling machines, and the concept of mounting multiple slitting saws and spacers on the arbor should have a pretty good picture of how Evergreen makes both patterend sheets and strips.

Dennis