Re: [PortlandRPM] Clinic Schedule for Rails by the River.

Greg Martin

Guys,

I can honestly say I now have a deep appreciation for the word HOST.

I am hoping all of you had a great time and it was truly you folks that
made Rails by the River 2009 a great success. There were 83 of you here and
for a grass roots event I would say that was a success.

I was pleased to see so many models on display and I was pleased to see so
many passenger car models on display and I not sure that I have seen so
many at one meet, you guys impressed me. It was great to see so many Pennsy
models as well.

Special thanks goes out to Andy Bell for the help setting up and Mark
Kerlick and Jim Evans for a most unique Chinese Raffle. And all our sponsors who
contributed to it's success; ACCURAIL, ATHEARN TRAINS, ATLAS MODEL
RAILROADS, EXACT RAIL, INTERMOUNTAIN RAILWAYS, MICROTRAINS, TANGENT MODLES, TRAIN
VIDEOS, DVDs and PARTS and 5th AVENUE CAR SHOPS.

We had a pleasant surprise with the unannounced arrival of Chris and Dave
Clune from EXACT RAIL, I was certainly pleased to see them both.

Thanks to Joe Fugate, Charlie Comstock and Mindy Basse from Model Railroad
Hobbyist for being with us.

Many thanks to our presenters Richard Hendrickson, Mark Kerlick, David
Banes, Naomi Petersen, Jim Murrie and Stan Rydarowizc and those that attended
their clinics and were patient with all the technical issues.

Yes there will be a Rails by the River 2010. We look forward to seeing you
all here in Salem then.

Thank You All!

Greg Martin

Jim Hayes writes:

Great show. Greg, I appreciate all your work in making it a success.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon