Re: Re-trucking with TMW Dalman 2-level

Rob Adams

John;

I had exactly the same issue, but the solution to be an easy one. I have an early run CGW AAR box, stock # RC-7048-1, and added the TMW trucks with Intermountain semi-scale wheel sets. I solved the problem by adding a red 0.015 thick fiber washer from Kadee to each bolster. With this configuration and Kadee #58 couplers, the car mated perfectly with a Kadee coupler height gauge.

Regards, Rob Adams

sctry wrote:

In my effort to upgrade my Red Caboose CGW X-29 style boxcars with the new TMW Dalman trucks I have a problem. It appears that the TMW Dalman truck side frame interferes with the carbody bolster by about 0.010". Anyone else with this problem?

Shims between the body and truck bolster will result in the coupler being too high. I am considering removing the modeling draft from the top of the truck sideframe to gain clearance but that may only gain about 0.005". Suggestions please.

John Greedy