Re: Re-trucking with TMW Dalman 2-level

sparachuk <sparachuk@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "sctry" <JGreedy@...> wrote:

In my effort to upgrade my Red Caboose CGW X-29 style boxcars with the new TMW Dalman trucks I have a problem. It appears that the TMW Dalman truck side frame interferes with the carbody bolster by about 0.010". Anyone else with this problem?
John: On a lot of freight car bolsters and freight car trucks there are castings that represent devices intended to keep the car level. I'm sorry I can't recall the name of such things if I ever knew it. However, these castings sometimes meet inconveniently on models and cause interference similiar to what you are describing. Trimming these parts off with some nippers might solve the problem.

Stephan Parachuk
Toronto