Re: CP slabside hoppers

Doug Polinder

Tom Molsen,

Thank you for those links.  How about a product review?  I built the Sylvan slabside a few years ago and it went together fairly nicely, except that I screwed up the horizontal plate of the B end and had to cut a new plate out of 0.010 styrene.  Did you retrofit your slabside with the TMW trucks or keep the True-Line ones?  Looks like all of their CP stock is sold out, although Pacific Western in Surrey BC shows quite an extensive list in stock.

Bob Lucas,

I posed some questions about the slabside to the Pacific Northwest RPM group a while back; there are some very knowledgeable people in that group who might be able to help you and point you to a photograph of 380000.

Doug Polinder

Grand Rapids MI