From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Rob
Kirkham
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2009 6:26 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Update - IM Santa Fe Ft-V flat car

I think Tichy includes a pair of small T shaped plastic parts in the USRA SS

kit that would work to protect some of the underbody. They press fit into
the bolsters until the trucks are ready to be applied. I do not see a
reason you couldn't insert them (without glue of course) and then glue their

bases to some .06" styrene sheet cut a little wider than the outline of the
car (looking from the track up). It wouldn't stop every ding, but most of
them.

Rob Kirkham