Re: Update - IM Santa Fe Ft-V flat car

rwitt_2000

--- In STMFC@..., "Brian Carlson" <brian@...> wrote:

I agree with you Bruce, My B&O car is complete, much in the same way
you did
it, except I managed to not break any stirrups or the air hoses. I did
sand
two fingernails though. Maybe the next runs will compensate for the
tape
thickness. I used Barge cement to reattach my deck. I have had too
many
issues with ACC popping due to different shrinkage and expansion
rates.

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY

Bruce and Brian,

Thanks for the advice about removing the wood deck.

Have other also noticed that the InterMountain AAR flat car model lacks
the "floor stringers". The resin model from ProtoWest Models does model
them as they appear on the drawing of the flat car designed for the ERIE
RR.

Bob Witt
Indianapolis, Indiana