Bridge & Building Cars Available For Research

thecitrusbelt <thecitrusbelt@...>

While attending this past week's Pacific Southwest Region/NMRA Convention in Las Vegas, NV, I came across a retired Union Pacific caboose (25330?) and two pre-1920 UP bridge & building maintenance cars. The two B & B cars were built in Las Vegas specifically as B & B cars, I was told.

The owner's husband is a car broker in the Las Vegas area and acquired the cars through some of his dealings. The owner is using the B & B cars for storage.

If anyone is interested in doing on-site research the owner is agreeable to allowing access. Please contact me OFF LIST and I will provide the contact information.

By the way, there is a former Santa Fe light weight coach (2913), as well as a G scale garden railroad at this location.

Bob Chaparro
Hemet, CA