Re: ORER QUESTION

leakinmywaders

Brian: You have a good point there, and I'll temper my report on this accordingly. Sounds like maybe Rich knows of a Pennsy AFE or lease agreement, but I haven't seen it. I also don't have the DT&I diagram sheet info, or an early shot of the cars that might show wording in a lease stencil.

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "brianleppert@..." <b.leppert@...> wrote:

These cars are listed as DT&I #12000-12399 in the April 1938 ORER. I cannot find any mention of them being leased from PRR in that issue.

Maybe Pennsy paid for them, but I'll argue that they were built new for the DT&I and never operated by Pennsy. My opinion is based solely that they don't have the expected PRR 2D-F12 trucks, but rather a truck favored by DT&I.

Brian Leppert
Carson City, NV