Re: JN reweigh symbol on refurbished boxcars

leakinmywaders

Thanks, Mark, that sounds right. I had the source showing JN for the IC Johnston Yard too but that in this case that didn't make much sense.

Chris Frissell

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "mark_heiden" <mark_heiden@...> wrote:

Hi Chris,

In this case, JN is the symbol for the DT&I shops in Jackson, Ohio, where the work was done.

Mark Heiden

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher" <leakinmywaders@> wrote:

I'm going to push the envelope on the time frame of the list by just a hair, and am begging the moderator's tolerance as this does concern the disposition of a group of venerable steam era freight cars. The NP's round roof boxcars, ex-DT&I, show reweigh station symbols "JN" at delivery in 1961. Can anyone identify the likely repairer/rebuilder from that symbol?

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT