From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Mike
Brock
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2009 12:50 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] More about Freight Conductors' Train Book, 1938

Quick look observations.

Ferguson's book confirms the relatively larger number of SP box cars and
unknown cars that my Fraley shows compared to their % of the national fleet.

The WP number is a surprise since my Fraley shows WP as under represented.
Many of the others appear to be similar to my Fraley...CB&Q, C&NW and Milw
are relatively higher. The PM is a puzzle. Could these be PRR? Also, both
PRR and NYC seem to be under represented.

I note also a much higher number of SFRD cars.

Mike Brock