Re: Western Prototype Modelers Meet 2009

Tim O'Connor

Americans hate a winner :-) Secretly I model UP trains, but they're all
before 1966... Long before the Borg took over.

It was often said at the time of UP's misguided and ill-fated
effort to make money from models of UP equipment that they were going
to reap a tidal wave of resentment and even anger from modelers. At
the time, I doubted if that would be true, but in fact I think it did
happen, and remains true in many quarters. And hey, it only cost 'em
around $4 million in legal fees to be straightened out.

Tony Thompson