Blackstone Models UTLX tank cars

Robert kirkham

I don't think this has been mentioned here so thought I'd bring it up: I just became aware of some dealer web pages that mention that Blackstone Models is apparently doing the GRAMPS tank cars in narrow guage. These were converted UTLX cars, and while I'm uncertain, I think Blackstone is doing both frameless and framed versions. While narrow guage models would be only partially useful to us (the tanks - and you can build your own or use Precision Scale models), I just sent them a polite enquiry suggesting they either bring out the same model on proper standard guage frames, or work with a resin manufacturer to do a standard guage frame or frames.

It would be neat to have this car available in standard guage HO!

Rob Kirkham