Re: Blackstone Models UTLX tank cars

Eric Hansmann

--- Anthony Thompson wrote:

Rob, it's well known that the frameless cars only had trucks
changed for narrow-gauge use. I don't know for sure but would doubt
that Rio Grande built new frames for the underframed cars either, but
someone more knowledgeable than me will have to answer for sure.
Richard Hendrickson is out of the country so don't be holding your
breath for him to chime in.
We just need to apply the right trucks. <g>

Did these tank cars start service with arch bar trucks?

When were the trucks upgraded? And to what? Andrews first, then an AAR cast sideframe version?

Did these cars always have trucks with a five-foot wheelbase?

There are several pre-Depression era modelers who would enjoy an easy conversion to add a distinctive tank car to the fleet.

Eric

Eric Hansmann
Chagrin Falls, Ohio