Re: Western Prototype Modelers Meet 2009

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Hmmm, donning my judges robes, there appears to be a few comments on the STMFC regarding the past blunderous, idiotic moves by UP regarding trade marks with respect to MRing, etc. As many are aware, I created a Yahoo group to discuss aspects of trade mark, copyright, licensing etc...the LICEN group. It is still available for discussion if anyone feels the need for such. In the meantime, the STMFC is not the place for such discussions.

Removing my judges robes...Aaaah, much cooler...I will add that I feel sad that there weren't significant UP modeling activities at the Western meet. If I had been there...and if I could have figured out how to transport models, that would not have been the case. For those that lament that UP models weren't there, fear not for Cocoa Beach...because they WILL be there.

Interesting. On the one hand, UP acts with seeming arrogance and stupidity. On the other hand, they are the only major RR that runs a steam program.

Kinda odd...no UP models in the western meet, many in the Florida meet.

Mike Brock
STMFC Owner