Re: Blackstone Models UTLX tank cars

Eric Hansmann

--- Jack Burgess wrote:

The cars were built around 1912 and yes, they started out with arch bar trucks. There are photos of the bolster/truck assemblies in Steam Era Freight Cars Reference Manual Vol 2 (Tank cars) which show the original arch bar trucks.
snip<

Thanks for the details Jack. And thanks to Dennis for the additional detail and images. I searched for Richard Hendrickson's RMC article in the Model Train Mag Index. "Modeling Union Tank Line's 6500 gallon "Van Dyke" tank car" can be found in the December 1995 issue of Railroad Model Craftsman. Time to dig my copy out of storage and reread.

Eric

Eric Hansmann
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Starting over in a new house: