PFE reefer colour schemes

roblmclear <rob.mclear2@...>

Hi to all

I need some help, I am modelling the Cajon Pass region during the time period of 1947 to 1949 and I thought that I had the colour scheme for PFE reefers down pretty right, but I may have made some errors, I was assuming that the colour scheme should be reefer orange sides and boxcar red roofs and ends, with black hardware and underframe. But I have read somewhere now that the roof and ends should be black, somewhat like the SFRD cars, I don't know if this is correct or not, or did PFE change their colour scheme sometime during my time frame, or worse still for me just before it. I apologise if you have seen this on other groups I have cross posted it on a number of others.

Any help would be appreciated,
TIA

Rob McLear
Brisbane Australia.