Re: Blackstone Models UTLX tank cars

Jack Burgess

Jim admitted:
I have had HO versions of both the frameless and narrow frame
versions since
the mid '90s. And like too many of my purchases, neither one is
finished but
both have been started. I even have Wabash Custom decals for the frameless
car.
That makes me feel better! I bought six of the frameless PSC kits after
Richard's article came out, got them started, but got hung up on modifying
the Eastern Car Works (?) trucks by replacing the single coil springs with a
pair of springs. I finally finished them last year and all six are in
service on the layout. (A majority of tank cars on the prototype YVRR were
6,000 gallon UTLX Van Dykes.)

Jack Burgess
www.yosemitevalleyrr.com