IM flat cars

Schuyler Larrabee

Hi,

I've been away for a while, close to a month. When I left, the new IM flat cars were the subject of
heavy discussion, mostly related to the excessive thickness of the applied deck. Mine arrived, and
I can see what it was all about. So, my question is, can someone summarize what the
best/simplest/most effective/least hassle solution was or is? There was discussion of removing the
deck and sanding it thinner, and someone was mooting a replacement deck of the right thickness.
What is effective?

My efforts with the search function were not particularly useful

SGL
La vita e breve, mangiate prima il dolce!

Database version: 6.13330