Re: Commonwealth steel combined end frame and body bolster castings

Ian Cranstone

On 23-Sep-09, at 11:40 PM, Rob Kirkham wrote:

I'm working on a model of CPR 389000-389049 series tank cars. These were
built in 1923 and carried 12,500 gallons. They have a lot of similarities
to the Athearn single dome tank, although I'm only harvesting parts from
that model for my project. I haven't figured out who the builder was yet.
Likely built by Canadian Car & Foundry, although some earlier tank cars were constructed by CP at their Angus shops.

Ian Cranstone
Osgoode, Ontario, Canada
lamontc@...
http://freightcars.nakina.net