Re: Western Prototype Modelers Meet 2009

jerryglow2

Don't forget the origin of this meet was the Western PACIFIC in which I suspect a resentment toward the UP. As a MP modeler, I sharred that resentment with a WP modeler friend. We especially resented how they included our merged roads in their copyright scheme even though the heralds and names had for all purposes been retired although they did occasionally use them to keep their use of them "active"

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

I attended the WPM meet yesterday, and was impressed by the large number of well built models of locomotives and freight cars on display. I was struck by the TOTAL lack of any UP equipment (except some "patched SP engines) on display. Are Santa Fe and Southern Pacific modelers more social by nature than the Borg modelers?????
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA