From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
ealabhan0
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 12:38 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: GN 40' box car question

Gentlemen,
The Superior handbrake wheel and mechanism detail set is available from the
Chicago & North Western Historical Society, which first had Red Caboose do
them for a special run of M&StL box cars (sold out). The Society still orders
special runs of the Superior HB sprue for their Company Store, three sets for
$5, shipping included. I ordered some a couple of months ago, and they are
just beautiful. The CNWHS Company Store website is
http://www.cnwhs.org/shopping/index.php
<http://www.cnwhs.org/shopping/index.php>
Hope this helps,
Dave Sieber,
Reno NV

--- In STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com> , Tim O'Connor
<timboconnor@> wrote:
Appears to be a Superior brake wheel. Red Caboose produced a separate detail
parts package 8000-13 with this brake wheel and housing but I don't know if
it's still available. Tim O'Connor

At 9/25/2009 07:44 AM Friday, Matt Sugarman wrote:
All, Could someone tell me what type of brake wheel is on the car on the
bottom of page 38 of the four ways west GN freight car pictorial, vol 1 (GN
18598)??? And is it available in HO scale??? Thank you, Matt Sugerman, Ft.
Worth, TX