Re: Western Prototype Modelers Meet 2009

dh30973

--- In STMFC@..., Andy Carlson <midcentury@...> wrote:

I attended the WPM meet yesterday, and was impressed by the large number of well built models of locomotives and freight cars on display. I was struck by the TOTAL lack of any UP equipment (except some "patched SP engines) on display. Are Santa Fe and Southern Pacific modelers more social by nature than the Borg modelers?????
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Apparently Andy wasn't too observant. As on the next aisle over from where he had his model was the work of several folks that included about a dozen UP Diesels. Granted that pailed with the numbers of other roads, but they were represented.

NO N&W hoppers, that I saw.

For those that missed the references to the photo albums of the greater than 1000 models that were on display
Dave Hussey's "Official" Album:
http://www.pbase.com/dh30973/wpm2009
Harry Wong's
http://www.pbase.com/tracktime/wpm2009&page=all
And
Robby's Album:
http://www.pbase.com/mrmrl/wpm2009

Unfortunately all the Pbase site is down due to some sort of power failure.

Dave Hussey