Re: 1900 Stuyvesant Docks Yard Photo - New Orleans

Schuyler Larrabee

Tony, the first car on the third track from the left was once a LaBelle Woodworking kit. I built
one when I was about 15, and it's the first time I've seen a photo of the model. Still have it, and
it's held up well all these years. Nice to see if it had a real prototype and that it's pretty
close.

SGL

I just had to cross post this from the LRMRG list. It is a great photo of an IC steam switcher
with lots of neat freight
cars in the background. Along with lots of ICRR cars, I see the end of a GH&SA car as well. Thanks
to Tony Howe for
posting.

Lee A. Gautreaux - The RailGoat
http://www.railgoat.railfan.net/ <http://www.railgoat.railfan.net/>

Guys,

There's a great early photo of Illinois Central's Stuyvesant Docks Yard in New
Orleans with an 0-6-0 and crew on Shorpy at

http://www.shorpy.com/node/6855?size=_original <http://www.shorpy.com/node/6855?size=_original>

Tony Howe

Database version: 6.13350