Re: Sunshine L&N Boxcar kit # 85.1

StephanP <sparachuk@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "gary laakso" <vasa0vasa@...> wrote:

Has anyone else found that the floor does not fit any of the dimensions of the body, that it just falls inside? The floor piece is shorter and much more narrow then the cavity it is suppose to fill. LOL, how can a 36 foot long boxcar have a 34 foot long floor casting? Has anyone added styrene to get the floor to fit as opposed to sink inside the body? I have not a floor so small before!

gary laakso
south of Mike Brock
Gary: Sorry to be so slow replying to your post but if you are going to try salvaging the floor casting, you will likely have to cut it in three pieces. That way you can ensure the bolsters will be in the right place. I've had floor casting too long before and I couldn't just cut them shorter. Your situation sounds familiar as well. You can't just a foot to each. Good luck.

Stephan Parachuk
Toronto