Re: Sunshine L&N Boxcar kit # 85.1

al_brown03

I have this kit, am ready to start some new projects. Let me see if mine has the same problem.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "pullmanboss" <tgmadden@...> wrote:

How come we can crucify Intermountain (and others) but not Sunshine for errors like this? This is just plain "head up and locked" manufacturing.
Because such errors in a plastic kit are built/designed in, and every kit will have them. With resin kits they are typically vagaries of the casting process and affect only a few kits. Yes, there have certainly been poorly designed resin kits, but in principle every resin kit ends up in the hands of a builder who is can cope with such shortcomings. Also, it's one thing to have 200 - 300 resin kits with errors, and quite another to put 10,000 - 20,000 defective plastic kits out there.

Tom Madden