Re: Sunshine L&N Boxcar kit # 85.1

gn3397 <heninger@...>

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "pierreoliver2003" <pierre.oliver@...> wrote:

Finally, rather than cut the floor apart or scratch build a replacement, why not simply return the defective part with a description of the issue and I'm sure that Martin would address the problem fairly quickly.
Pierre Oliver
Indeed. I purchased a CMO USRA rebuild and received the wrong sides with my model. I sent just the sides back to Martin with a note, expecting replacements within the expected 6-9 month timeframe. Instead, within a couple of weeks I received essentially an entirely new kit within the mail (new sides, roof, underframe and ends) with a note stating that he couldn't replace just the sides as different parts poured at different times wouldn't match.

I would send the underframe back to Martin, and I believe he will make it right. Just my experience as a satisfied customer of Sunshine.

Sincerely,
Robert D. Heninger
Iowa City, Iowa