From: chapbob@aol.com
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, Oct 2, 2009 8:58 am
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Sunshine L&N Boxcar kit # 85.1

After reading the ongoing passionate discussion about Sunshine L&N boxcar
kit #85.1, I checked my model which I built a while back. Yes, the floor
was a bit undersized, and I had to add a few styrene strip shims to bring it
to the size of the carbody. This added step took me all of one or two
minutes to complete. Sure, it would be nice if all parts in every kit fit
perfectly, but I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about.

For me, I'm delighted and amazed that Sunshine chose to produce a model of
this car; the result beats anything I could have scratchbuilt.

Bob Chapman

In a message dated 9/26/2009 11:27:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Gary
Laasko writes:

Has anyone else found that the floor does not fit any of the dimensions of
the body, that it just falls inside? The floor piece is shorter and much
more narrow then the cavity it is suppose to fill. LOL, how can a 36 foot
long boxcar have a 34 foot long floor casting? Has anyone added styrene
to get the floor to fit as opposed to sink inside the body? I have not a
floor so small before!