Re: Sunshine L&N Boxcar kit # 85.1

Charles Hladik

Tom,
An error is still an error, especially if it is as glaring as I have
read in the posts..
Chuck Hladik

In a message dated 10/1/2009 10:45:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tgmadden@worldnet.att.net writes:

How come we can crucify Intermountain (and others) but not Sunshine for
errors like this? This is just plain "head up and locked" manufacturing.

Because such errors in a plastic kit are built/designed in, and every kit
will have them. With resin kits they are typically vagaries of the casting
process and affect only a few kits. Yes, there have certainly been poorly
designed resin kits, but in principle every resin kit ends up in the hands of
a builder who is can cope with such shortcomings. Also, it's one thing to
have 200 - 300 resin kits with errors, and quite another to put 10,000 -
20,000 defective plastic kits out there.

Tom Madden