Re: Lettering help B&O Wagontops

ottokroutil

Rob,

you've been busy...:)

While I am no B&O expert, I built a couple of the Fine N scale resin kits some years back a did a little research in the process. There were a number lettering variations?riding the?the rails in?your '47 era, but a newly painted car would most likely have the modified post war herald on the right side, second panel, and "Baltimore & Ohio" lettering on the left top, with reintroduced reporting marks below. The large B&O wasn't inttroduced until the mid-fifties. Mont Switzer did a nice article in teh 93 Mainline Modeler; I'll send you some backup off group.

Regards, Otto Kroutil