Re: ACC Applicators

Bill Darnaby

I have used nothing but the cheap Duro super glue, $0.99 per tube, that I get at the local hardware store for all of my resin kits. I also assemble them outdoors during humid Indiana summers. Yes, the nozzle tends to clog up. However, I have found a wonderful tool for declogging them. If you have ever had a root canal take a look at the little reamers the dentist uses to clear out the tooth root. They look like tapered twist drills about 1/2 inch long with a plastic handle on the end. They are extremely sharp and come in diameters from .010" to about .060". Both times I was in to see this dentist I asked for some and he gave me a couple of envelops with all diameters.

I just twist one down into the nozzle and pull it out. It neatly takes the CA plug with it. Of course, these things are extremely useful for reaming out all kinds of holes in plastic and brass, yes they are that sharp, in models.

Bill Darnaby