From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Maarten Vis
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 11:26 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Interesting book available for download

Charlie,
Thanks for the link, but it only gets me the title page PDF.
Can't find the link to the book. Doing something wrong?
Have fuN,
Maarten Vis

Charlie Vlk schreef:
This is a Walter Lucas book that I did not have in my Library (three other titles by him that I do have are 100 Years of Classic Steam Locomotives, Locomotives and Cars Since 1900, and 100 Years of Railroad Cars).
I went to grade school with his son and knew he was an HO Model Railroader and vaguely knew he worked for Simmons-Boardman; wish I'd known more and met him and knew what questions to ask him!!
Charlie Vlk

I ran into this on another forum. This is a Simmons-Boardman book. It's a condensation of material from late '40s S-B Cyclopedias aimed at the hobbyist audience. At a quick look it seems to be a great reference on the state of the art of railroading technology during the ever-popular transition era.

Free pdf download from Google books: http://www.google.com/books?id=ryhSAAAAMAAJ