From: barrybennetttoo
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 5:48 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Railway Prototype Cyclopedia Vol. 19

Having used so-called 'galvanising paint' in the past I can state that the
stuff I used was a light metallic grey colour. I distinctly remember
thinking to myself at the first time I used it 'this looks nothing like
galvanised metal'.

The colour, when it dried, was a shade or two darker than the typical colour
we use for covered hoppers. In my minds eye I see a 3/4 photo of a covered
hopper in young Mr Hawkins articles in Railmodel Journal which was
described as being of a similar shade to that which I remeber.

Barry Bennett

Coventry, England.