Re: Kadee NYC Hoppers Announced

David Sieber

Gentlemen,
Make it vote #4 for the AAR alternate standard hopper - but please (1) in NP, GN, etc., and (2) with wire grabs and other state-of-the-art details. No one has done this very common coal hopper (although Sunshine has resin conversion minikits) which is essential for modelers of the Pacific Northwest, the C&O, et al. Not that we don't appreciate more, more-accurately detailed models of similar versions of the AAR standard hopper, but . . .
Dave Sieber
Reno NV

--- In STMFC@..., "Mike Brock" <brockm@...> wrote:

Schuyler Larrabee says about the alternative standard:

Vote No. 2.

Vote No. 3.

I have a video showing two such C&O cars in a train on the UP in the
Whasatch Mtns in Utah. To get there from the east you have to go up that
Hill...Lee? Johnston? Beauregard? Custer? Davis? JEB Stuart? Anyhow...

I actually just get tired of seeing those AAR Standard C&O hoppers on
layouts. Yuk.

Mike Brock